Social Impact Investment in the Baltic-Nordic region
Social impact investment is the provision of finance to organisations addressing societal needs with the expectation of a measurable societal as well as financial return. In other words – it means investing into enterprises that create good stuff and eliminate bad stuff or transform it into good stuff.
On this page, we will publish updates related to regional cooperation as well as the most informative materials from all around the world. Regional cooperation is supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers´ Office in Estonia in the frame of the project „Social impact investment regional cooperation plan for Estonia, Latvia and Finland“ until May 2018.
The project results in mapping out the current situation and creating a joint action plan for quicker development of social impact investment ecosystem. The initiators of the project are the Estonian Social Enterprise Network, the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia and the Finnish Association for Social Enterprises.
Contact of the cooperation consortium: Jaan Aps, Chairman, Estonian Social Enterprise Network – jaan(at)sev.ee
SOCIAL IMPACT INVESTMENT:
Development opportunities in the region
Date: March the 21st, 2018
Venue: Foundation for an Open Society DOTS event space, Riga, Latvia
The mapping of country situations and proposal for joint steps forward will be available latest at the end of May.
Some of the best materials about social impact investment:
- “A Recipe Book of Social Finance” by the European Commission;
- “Venture philanthropy and social impact investment – A practical guide” by the European Venture Philanthropy Association;
- “Achieving impact for impact investing. A road map for developed countries” by FASE, McKinsey and Ashoka;
- “Financing for Social Impact | The Key Role of Tailored Financing and Hybrid Finance” by the European Venture Philanthropy Association;
- “Social Impact Investment: Building the Evidence Base” by the OECD.
Some of the best materials specifically about social impact bonds:
- “Social Impact Bonds: The Early Years” by Social Finance;
- “Social Impact Bonds: State Of Play & Lessons Learnt” by the OECD and the European Commission;
- “Social Impact Bonds: An Overview of the Global Market for Commissioners and Policymakers” by Social Spider;
- “A technical guide to developing social impact bonds” by Social Finance.